Psychiatric Health Services
The Pavilion at Memorial Hospital
Our 27-bed inpatient behavioral health unit is located within the hospital. It is designed to meet the needs of adults 18 and older who are seeking more intensive therapy than can be attained on an outpatient basis. The primary goal in this level of care is to help each person return to a level of stability that allows them to continue their therapy on an outpatient basis. Our program offers a safe, caring and comprehensive setting with services that include the following:
- Daily sessions with a psychiatrist
- Daily group therapy sessions with Masters level therapists.
- Family therapy
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Intensive medication management.
- Journaling assignments
- 24 hour nursing care by registered nurses with expertise in psychiatric care.
- Other medical services offered within the hospital that may be necessary.
We specialize in treating people facing:
- Life stress
- Thought disorders including Schizophrenia and psychosis
- Mood disorders
- Problems with addictions
- Issues relating to eating disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Life trauma
- Grief issues
- Thoughts of self harm
- Relationship problems
Our approach is highly structured and includes therapy sessions on topics including the following:
- Stress management
- Developing relationship skills
- Improving social skills and interpersonal skills
- Improving skills for managing life decisions
- Coping skills
- Learning appropriate recreational and leisure activities
For more information or for an emergency evaluation, please call our unit in-take office at (904) 702-6600.
The Pavilion is an Adult (18+) Baker Act Receiving Facility.
Intensive Outpatient Services
Our program specializes in the treatment of mood disorders, depression and other issues related to behavioral health. Treatment consists of group therapy and educational sessions.
Our patients participate in therapeutic groups which focus on providing peer support and accountability, teaching skills and assisting them in achieving personal change goals. Treatment groups are facilitated by master’s level therapists and nurses who have a specialized certification in psychiatry.
Who Can Benefit From Intensive Outpatient Services?
Individuals 18 years old and older whose emotional health and/or addiction issues have impaired their daily functioning can benefit from an Intensive Outpatient Program. Typical problems may include: depression or mood disorders, addiction-related issues, life trauma, anxiety, anger, relationship problems, grief or loss and/or thoughts of self harm.
For more information or to make a patient referral please call (904) 702-6600.
- Services A-Z
- Advanced Technology
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Bariatric Surgery
- Bone & Joint Center
- Breast Center
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Education
- Emergency Care
- Gastrointestinal Center
- Imaging & Diagnostics
- Lung Services
- NeuroSpine Center
- Outpatient Services
- Psychiatric Health Services
- Robotic Surgery
- Spine Clinic
- Valve Clinic
- Women's Center
- Wound Care
- Memorial Emergency Center – Atlantic