Read Articles on the Breast Center
About the Breast Center
The Breast Center at Memorial Hospital is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance. The standards established by the NAPBC include proficiency in the areas of center leadership, clinical management, research, community outreach, professional education and quality improvement. The NAPBC determined that Memorial Hospital has demonstrated a firm commitment to offer its patients every significant advantage in their battle against breast disease.
For more information on why NAPBC accreditation is important, click here.
Additionally, our Breast Center is an ACR (American College of Radiology) Breast Imaging Center of Excellence.
Why should I have my imaging exam done at an accredited facility?
When you see the gold seals of accreditation prominently displayed in our imaging facility, you can be sure that you are in a facility that meets standards for imaging quality and safety. Look for the ACR Gold Seals of Accreditation.
To achieve the ACR Gold Standard of Accreditation, our facility's personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance, and quality control procedures have gone through a rigorous review process and have met specific qualifications. It's important for patients to know that every aspect of the ACR accreditation process is overseen by board-certified, expert radiologists and medical physicists in advanced diagnostic imaging.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care.
- Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging, interpret your images, and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
What does the gold seal mean?
When you see the ACR gold seal, you can rest assured that your prescribed imaging test will be done at a facility that has met the highest level of imaging quality and radiation safety. The facility and its personnel have gone through a comprehensive review to earn accreditation status by the ACR, the largest and oldest imaging accrediting body in the U.S. and a professional organization of 34,000 physicians.
Notice to Patients
You have the right to submit comments regarding this facility’s radiology imaging and treatment services. Submit your comments in writing and send to the facility or to the following address:
American College of Radiology
Attn: Accreditation Program Patient Comments
1891 Preston White Dr.
Reston, VA 20191-4326
Our Breast Center offers:
- Comprehensive, compassionate care, including MRI and other advanced diagnostic and screening technology
- Personal service of a breast nurse navigator to support and guide patients and family
- Multidisciplinary team-approach to coordinate the best available treatment options
- Advanced reconstructive surgery technology
- Information about ongoing cancer clinical trials and new treatment options
- Access to prevention and early detection programs, cancer education, and support services
- Ongoing monitoring and improvements in cancer care, such as lymphedema prevention and advanced reconstructive surgery options
- Online screening mammogram scheduling
Stop and take our Breast Cancer Risk Assessment.
Breast Nurse Navigator
Kim Powell, RN, is a breast cancer survivor who understands what you are feeling. She can provide education and emotional support for you and your family, help facilitate scheduling of appointments and direct you to community resources available to help support breast cancer patients. She is your advocate and wants to relieve fear and anxiety. She offers strength and a positive attitude to patients facing this challenge. Please contact Kim at (904)399-6438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questionable or Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer?
Memorial’s experienced, compassionate team of breast cancer specialists includes radiologists, surgeons, reconstructive plastic surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists and nurses working together to ensure the best outcomes for breast cancer patients. Breast cancer is treatable. You have time to become fully informed and make educated decisions. Memorial’s breast cancer program can help you through that process.
Call Memorial’s Breast Nurse Navigator at (904)399-6438 or email email@example.com for more information.
Remember… early detection is the best prevention. To schedule your annual screening mammogram, please call (888) 887-1979.
- Services A-Z
- Advanced Technology
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Bariatric Surgery
- Bone & Joint Center
- Breast Center
- Cancer Care
- Diabetes Education
- Emergency Care
- Gastrointestinal Center
- Imaging & Diagnostics
- Lung Services
- NeuroSpine Center
- Outpatient Services
- Psychiatric Health Services
- Robotic Surgery
- Spine Clinic
- Valve Clinic
- Women's Center
- Wound Care