Acid Reflux, or GERD, can damage the lining of the esophagus, leading to a pre-cancerous condition called Barrett’s esophagus. We have physicians that use HALO ablation technology to treat Barrett’s esophagus. HALO ablation technology is a very specific type of ablation, in which heat energy is delivered in a precise and highly-controlled manner.
HALO Ablation Technology
- Used to treat Barrett’s esophagus, a condition which can lead to esophageal cancer
- Heats tissue until it is no longer viable or alive
- Able to complete removal of diseased tissue without damage to the normal underlying structures
- Clinical studies have shown it can completely eliminate Barrett’s tissue in 98.4% of patients
How HALO Ablation Technology Works
- Ablation is performed in conjunction with upper endoscopy
- The treatment is in an outpatient setting
- No incisions are required
- Follow-up appointment is scheduled
- If Barrett’s tissue remains, additional therapy may be recommended
Call Consult-A-Nurse® at (800) 530-3244 to be referred to a physician that specializes in HALO ablation technology.