Memorial Hospital’s outpatient Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center, HEART, is located on the 8th floor of the Memorial Office Building and is designed to restore cardiac patients to their optimal state of health, enabling them to lead active and productive lives.
- Medical Evaluation
- Prescribed Exercise
- Risk Factor Modification
- Nutrition Counseling
Our highly experienced staff will provide the cardiac patient with information exercise guidance, and quality care.
Eligibility for Cardiac Rehabilitation
Those eligible for participation in Cardiac Rehabilitation include:
- People who have had a heart attack
- People with cardiovascular disease or angina
- People who have had coronary angioplasty, atherectomy or stent placement
- People who have had open or minimally invasive heart surgery
Participating in cardiac rehabilitation is very important especially if additional risk factors for heart disease exist, which may include a history of high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, vascular disease, congestive heart failure, or heart rhythm abnormality (arrhythmia).
Participating in cardiac rehabilitation helps patients become more physically fit for all their daily activities at home, work and in leisure time. Patients feel better about themselves as they make positive changes in their lifestyle.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Strengthening the heart through regular aerobic exercise
- Decreasing elevated blood pressure
- Decreasing elevated cholesterol levels
- Improving cardiovascular and muscular endurance
- Promoting weight management
- Increasing knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors
- Providing support systems to reduce anxiety and depression
Prior to entering cardiac rehabilitation patients will need a physician referral, medical evaluation and an exercise stress test to determine their physical and cardiac condition. Most major insurance companies cover cardiac rehabilitation services. However, if cardiac rehabilitation is not a covered benefit, an alternative program is available.
For more information, please call, (904) 399-6377.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 7:30am – 3:00pm
3627 University Blvd. S., 8th Floor
Jacksonville, FL 32216