HCA Healthcare’s Memorial Hospital, Orange Park Medical Center and 5 Affiliated ERs Open and Caring for Patients Tuesday & Wednesday Physician Practices Closed & Elective Procedures Rescheduled
Jacksonville, FL (September 2, 2019) – As Hurricane Dorian continues to gain strength in the Atlantic, HCA Healthcare hospital’s Orange Park Medical Center and Memorial Hospital Jacksonville and their 5 affiliated community-based ERs are open and caring for patients.
“Before, during and after a major storm is a high risk time for our community and we are committed to being here and open to meet their healthcare needs,” said Dr. Steven Goodfriend, ER physician at Orange Park Medical Center.
“Our Memorial Hospital and Orange Park trauma teams are specially-trained to help patients with the most difficult injuries,” said Dr. Frederick Jenkins, Memorial Hospital ER Medical Director.
Both hospitals as well as their five affiliated, community-based ERs below will remain OPEN:
- Memorial Emergency – Atlantic
- Memorial Emergency – Julington Creek
- Memorial Emergency – Mandarin
- Normandy Park ER
- Park West ER
For the safety of our patients and caregivers, our physician practices will be closed on Tuesday, September 3 and Wednesday, September 4, including:
- Memorial Family Medicine - MemorialFamilyMed.com
- Memorial ENT - MemorialEarNoseAndThroat.com
- Memorial Occupational Medicine - MemorialOccMedicine.com
- Memorial Women’s Health - MemorialWomensHealth.com
- Memorial Advanced Surgery - MemorialAdvancedSurgery.com
- Memorial NeuroSpine – MemorialNeuroSpine.com
- Orange Park Physicians – OrangeParkPhysicians.com
Elective, non-emergent surgeries and procedures at Memorial Hospital will also be rescheduled from Tuesday, September 3 and Wednesday, September 4. Patients will receive a call to reschedule their procedure.
As the storm approaches Jacksonville, both hospitals will limit entrance Tuesday to the main and ER entrances. During peak hours of the storm after Tuesday at 7 pm, visitors and patients should all go directly to the ER entrance. Security will be on hand at the Women’s Entrance of Memorial Hospital to assist pregnant patients arriving at the hospital.
In advance of the storm, we encourage you to gather essential items so that you are ready to evacuate to a safer location if needed. Plan for 7 days of medications, water for each family member, a flashlight with fresh batteries and a change of clothes.
We will provide safety tips and updates throughout this weather event via our Facebook pages at:
- Jacksonville, FL Updates: Facebook.com/MemorialHospitalJax
- Orange Park, FL Updates: Facebook.com/OrangeParkMedicalCenter