May 20, 2020
Jacksonville, FL — Over the last few months, we know many of our friends and neighbors have lost their health insurance. This can cause a lot of stress.
As a member of the HCA Healthcare family, Memorial Hospital is now offering an insurance hotline.
If you need insurance coverage option assistance, call (833) 867-8771 from 8 am to 6 pm - Monday through Friday.
“Just as we set up a COVID-19 hotline at the start of the crisis, we want to make sure we’re there to help our community as we move forward,” said Bradley S. Talbert, FACHE, CEO of Memorial Hospital.
Hotline advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services appropriate for a variety of scenarios, such as:
- Continuing your employer's existing plan if you have recently lost your job (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse's benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid: Government healthcare for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act), and how to enroll due to a changing life event
The hospital is not representing any insurance companies or selling insurance plans. The goal is to provide information to those in need, so they can confidently manage their healthcare. There is no cost for this service.