The Cardiothoracic Surgery Program at Memorial Hospital is dedicated to excellence in patient care, as well as clinical research on the diseases that affect our patients. The prestigious Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) awarded our Cardiac Surgery program its highest rating.
Our goal is to provide our patients with the best possible surgical option to meet their specific needs, choosing from a wide variety of treatments:
- Minimally invasive heart surgery
- Complex mitral valve repairs
- Open heart surgery
- Thoracoscopic MAZE procedure
- Valve replacement surgery
What Sets Us Apart
The 20 bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit at Memorial Hospital is the only Heart Unit in the area where you will stay for the entirety of your hospitalization. Patients that are admitted remain in the same room until discharge, unless a change in condition requires a move.
Our entire cardiovascular team is on the forefront of patient care:
- 2-Star Heart Surgery Program – After an analysis of national data, The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) awarded Memorial Hospital a rating of 2-Stars.
- Minimally invasive surgery – Whenever possible, operations involving large incisions are being converted to less invasive procedures.
- Shared decision making – Because we offer many of the most advanced procedures, we help patients make an informed decision on what course of action is best for them.
- Airstrip cardiology – Our team utilizes this mobile phone application to keep your doctor in the loop about your condition at all times. This application is designed to help doctors make more accurate and timely clinical decisions.
- SurgiTrak – Provides notifications of a patient’s progression through the surgery process o designated family members or loved ones. Notifications can be sent via text or email to a mobile device such as a smart phone, tablet, or any other computer or laptop with an Internet connection.