If you think you or someone else is experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call 911.
Memorial Hospital Emergency Room
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year, the Memorial Hospital’s newly renovated and expanded emergency room is always here to meet your family’s emergency medical needs. Our team of medical professionals treats more than 100,000 patients per year for a number of ailments, making our ER one of the busiest in the region. The healthcare providers at our emergency room have expertise in treating everything from minor injuries to major medical emergencies such as heart attacks.
Memorial Hospital ER Highlights
- Comfortable treatment rooms
- Advanced patient monitoring equipment
- Rooftop Helipad
- Trauma resuscitation Rooms
- Behavioral health rooms
- Separate entrances and waiting
rooms for adults and pediatrics
Our pediatric ER features a separate entrance and waiting room and pediatric-friendly examination rooms. Staffed by pediatric-emergency trained physicians and nurses, the pediatric ER staff is able to treat serious pediatric emergencies and illnesses including heart conditions and respiratory infections. The design includes child-friendly artwork, colors and special lighting to relieve children’s anxiety and make their experience as comfortable as possible.
Pediatric ER Highlights
- Large private rooms
- Private exam rooms equipped with touch-screen tablets
- Pediatric equipment including cardiac monitors and ventilators
- Pediatric resuscitation rooms to care for critically ill patients
Our ER is equipped with some of the most advanced technology available to support the many specialty services our hospital provides, including cardiac care, obstetrical care and stroke care.
Our emergency room technology includes:
- Arctic Sun – state-of-the-art equipment used to regulate a patient’s body temperature during a stroke or major brain event.
- Electronic Patient Tracking – A 15-foot wall of monitors help us track every patient order and test results.
- Smartphone apps for physicians
- iStat – used for point of care testing and results. With this system patients can receive many cardiac test results and metabolic panels in minutes.
- Teleneurology – Allows neurologists to immediately asses a patient during neurological emergencies.
- Telepsychiatry – Allows psychiatrists to immediately asses a patient during psychiatric emergencies.