If you think you or someone else is experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call 911.
Memorial Hospital Emergency Room
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year, the Memorial Hospital emergency room is always here to meet your family’s emergency medical needs. Our team of medical professionals treats more than 100,000 patients per year for a number of ailments, making our ER one of the busiest in the region. The healthcare providers at our emergency room have expertise in treating everything from minor injuries to major medical emergencies such as heart attacks.
Memorial Hospital ER Highlights
- 37 beds
- Comfortable treatment rooms
- Kid-friendly rooms
- Advanced patient monitoring equipment
Our ER is equipped with some of the most advanced technology available to support the many specialty services our hospital provides, including cardiac care, obstetrical care and stroke care.
As part of our commitment to keep our ER wait times low, Memorial Hospital offers ExpressCare. This program is designed to rapidly treat your minor illnesses and injuries any time of day or night. Located across the parking lot from our main ER, the ExpressCare program features:
- 13 private patient rooms
- X-ray and lab capabilities
- Physicians on-site 24/7
ExpressCare is considered an emergency room visit by most insurance companies and will be billed accordingly.
For minor ailments and less severe emergencies, ExpressKids offers a fast track option in an area designed just for children. All rooms are private and include child-friendly artwork, colors and special lighting to relieve children’s anxiety and make their experience as comfortable as possible. In addition, each room is equipped with a touch-screen tablet, so kids can watch videos and play games while they wait for a physician or nurse.
The ExpressKids facility is located adjacent to the main emergency room.
Our emergency room technology includes:
- Arctic Sun – state-of-the-art equipment used to regulate a patient’s body temperature during a stroke or major brain event.
- Electronic Patient Tracking – A 15-foot wall of monitors help us track every patient order and test results.
- Smartphone apps for physicians
- iStat – used for point of care testing and results. With this system patients can receive many cardiac test results and metabolic panels in minutes.
- Teleneurology – Allows neurologists to immediately asses a patient during neurological emergencies.
- Telepsychiatry – Allows psychiatrists to immediately asses a patient during psychiatric emergencies.